In the past, I never had to worry about finding a host provider for my website. For as long as I’ve had a website and company email it was hosted by a good friend and IT expert on his private server. He’s refused to charge me for his service, thank you Rudy. When I decided to upgrade my website from standard HTML to a CMS, specifically WordPress, my friend’s server was not equipped with the required PHP5 to run WordPress. Having never had to think about hosting before I suddenly found myself a bit lost.
So I started with a simple Google search for best website hosting and watched many youtube videos on the subject.
Slowly I complied a list of must haves.
Website hosting must haves:
1. Ability to host unlimited websites
2. Have a CPanel
3. A phone number visible on their website and good customer service
4. Speed and security
5. WP auto-updates and daily backups
6. Specializing in WordPress
7. Site speed
8. Offer multiple resources to facilitate the management of my WP website
After weeks and hour of research I narrowed down my options to about ten.